Nonfiction Text Features (Freebie)


This week we reviewed nonfiction text features and I made this little anchor chart for my students to reference.  
Looking for activities for teaching nonfiction text features? Here's an anchor chart and FREE scavenger hunt worksheet for students to use while reading independently. Also check out these self-checking QR code task cards that will complement this lesson.
My kids have gotten very good at identifying the different types of text features, but I wanted them to focus more on how each feature actually helps them comprehend the text.  So I made this graphic organizer for them to fill out with their independent nonfiction books. You can grab it for free by clicking the image below.
Looking for activities for teaching nonfiction text features? Here's an anchor chart and FREE scavenger hunt worksheet for students to use while reading independently. Also check out these self-checking QR code task cards that will complement this lesson.
Be sure to check out my nonfiction text features task cards with self-checking QR codes. I like to tape these around the room so that my students can get up and move around while completing them. 
Looking for activities for teaching nonfiction text features? Here's an anchor chart and FREE scavenger hunt worksheet for students to use while reading independently. Also check out these self-checking QR code task cards that will complement this lesson.

2 comments:

  1. I love your anchor chart- it is very clear and informative! Your freebie is great too- such a good resource to use to ensure your students are really making use of the different text features. I also love that I could use this same graphic organizer with my 1st graders! Super Common Core connection!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great anchor chart!! Loving it!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete